Monday, August 22, 2016

Carlson Gracie Jr. - Hello everyone,

Hello everyone,

First and foremost I want to say thank you to all of you for showing your support to the team in our effort to honor the legacy my father left for us 10 years ago. It is truly and honestly one of the most amazing acts of togetherness and kindness that I have ever experienced on our team. I always knew, and it is clear now, that the bond my father and his JiuJitsu left for us is something incomparable. The time is upon us all to go into battle this week at the World Masters Championship. I'm sure all of you like me are excited to finally realize all the hard work and training you have done to get to this point. With that said I also know that there is some sorrow out there.

As most of you surely know we are prohibited by the IBJJF to have more than two competitors per team, per category at a championship. That includes the upcoming World Masters that we have all been looking forward to. It unfortunately was impossible to include everyone in the main competition team for this tournament. I understand that some of you may feel disappointed with this limitation, but I also want all of you to know that we are all one Carlson Gracie Team. This is simply a stipulation put in place by the Federation that has no easy or fair solution.

In the last year I have seen this team come together from all over the world! Something I really couldn't imagine and something that would surely bring joy to my father if he was still with us. We have all worked countless hours with friends, family, students, and training partners. We have all come together to push ourselves to achieve this goal and God willing realize the dream of honoring the legacy of Carlson Gracie with a place on the podium for our team. Regardless of Team A, B, or C, regardless of competitor, coach, student, training partner, wife, husband, son, daughter, we will all share this amazing experience together!

I'm truly sorry there isn't a better solution to this issue, but I hope you all understand and I hope this unity continues to push forward in the days, weeks, months and years after this tournament. So to all the Carlson Gracie Schools around the world, American Top Team and their affiliates, Barum Jiu-Jitsu, BJJ Revolution Team, Fabio Prado BJJ, Familia Abi-Rihan JiuJitsu, Fight Sports and their affiliates, Nova Geracao, Rey Diogo and his affiliates, Triton Fight Center, Ghost Squad BJJ, Pound for Pound Team, First BJJ Carlson Gracie Team, Renato Tavares Association, Frontline BJJ, De La Riva and his affiliates, and Clark Gracie and his affiliates, let's go out and give it our best knowing that we all are now, and always will be Carlson Gracie Team!