Wednesday, September 24, 2014

First bjj: why train bjj?

First bjj: why train bjj? Cardio had improved, I had more energy, and the stress that was brought on from work was gone.  I felt more comfortable and confident going into work because I knew what real pressure was and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu helped me understand the importance of staying calm under pressure.

BJJ also helped keep my EGO in check which made it a lot easier to work with my co-workers.  I simply took what I was doing on the mats and applied it to the workplace.  I was more at ease and more open-minded when it came to the ideas of my co-workers as well as those individuals that reported directly to me.

Another reason why I train BJJ is that it’s FUN!  That’s right; I have fun going to BJJ class to learn a new technique or build upon the self defense skills that I have been working on.  I never was excited to go to the gym to lift or run on the treadmill.  I am very fortunate to have found a BJJ school where everyone is on the same page of helping every teammate get better.