North American Grappling Association (NAGA)2016 NAGA World Jiu-Jitsu Championship
NAGA brings No-Gi and Gi grappling back to the Dallas, Texas area on Saturday & Sunday, December 10 & 11, 2016. The event will take place at the Nytex Sports Centre in North Richland Hills, TX. The tournament will feature over 400 No-Gi and Gi grappling divisions. All Expert division winners take home championship belts. Non-expert Children and Teens division winners will be awarded samurai swords, adults take home medals.
All Teens (14-17 years of age) and Adults will compete on Saturday. All Children (13 years of age and under) divisions will take place on Sunday. More information about the schedule will be available on the NAGA website.
Some changes for 2016 include:
- NAGA is no longer accepting mail in registrations. Competitors will need to either pre-register online or register at the event. Credit card and cash are accepted at the event.
- Earlier division start times. Children & Teens must be registered and weighed in by 9:00 AM.
- Once a competitor accepts their weight and their registration card is turned in to bracketing, the weight can no longer be changed.
- Children & Teen competitors are guaranteed a minimum of two matches per tournament. Competing in gi and no-gi is considered two divisions.
- Heel hooks are no longer allowed in adult Novice and Beginner No-Gi divisions.
- Those adults registering the day of the event must be registered and weighed-in by 12:00 PM. If you pre-register or register the night before, you can arrive up until 90 minutes prior to your division's scheduled start time.
The registration fees increase by $20 after the pre-registration deadline of December 3, 2016.
For more information on pricing, directions, divisions and more visit the NAGA website, www.nagafighter.com.
See you on the mats!